New To Reckless
Every week, movies that hadn't been previously available on DVD or Blu Ray are released, resurrecting them from late-night cable broadcasts and poorly transferred VHS tapes... and Reckless makes them available! You can always find these titles in our "New to Reckless" section.
June 3 NTR:
- The 2-disc special edition of Memento, which includes the ability to play the scenes in chronological order,
- The original lost versions of The Wizard of Oz, featuring the 1914 silent Oz series Patchwork Girl of Oz, His Magesty, The Scarecrow, and Magic Cloak of Oz, and the 1925 version of The Wizard of Oz,
- and the Criterion Collection edition of Louis Malle's The Lovers.
June 10 NTR:
- The 3-disc special collector's edition of Hot Fuzz,
- and the Ken Burns' New York documentary series.
June 17 NTR:
- The 45th anniversary edition of Disney's The Sword in the Stone,
- the Steven Sondheim musical Company: a Musical Comedy,
- the BBC version of Hedda Gabler, starring Ingrid Bergman,
- a pair of English royalty dramatic epics, Mary Queen of Scots with Vanessa Redgrave, and Anne of the Thousand Days with Richard Burton,
- and a 1931 version of The Maltese Falcon, adapting the Dashiell Hammett story 10 years before Humphrey Bogart played Sam Spade. This version was produced before the Hays Code went into effect, and contains elements that were censored from the celebrated 1941 film. The disc also contains Satan Met a Lady, a light comedy loosely based on the Maltese Falcon novel, and also previously censored by the Hays Code.
June 24 NTR:
- The Criterion Collection edition of Louis Malle's The Fire Within,
- the 2-disc special edition of Bruce Lee's classic Enter the Dragon,
- the special collector's edition of the Saturday Night Live spinoff film A Night at the Roxbury, with Will Ferrel,
- Mickey Rourke and Don Johnson in the 1991 action film Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man,
- the Criterion Collection edition of the classic fantasy and effects film The Thief of Bagdad
- the two disc special edition of the Oscar winning Sidney Lumet film Network,
- Emma Watson, of the Harry Potter films, in Ballet Shoes,
- the 70's disaster film The Hindenburg,
- the cartoon Alvin & the Chipmunks: Valentine,
- Tobor the Great, a 1954 science fiction film,
- Steve Zahn, Paul Walker, and Leelee Sobieski in 2001's Joyride,
- the modern-set plays of Shakespeare Retold,
- D.H. Lawrence's Sons & Lovers,
- and 4 National Geographic documentaries: Sea Monsters, Birth of Civilization, Six Degrees That Could Change the World, and Eden at the End of the World.