Week of March 6th
Week of March 13th
Week of March 20th
Week of March 27th
Every week, movies that hadn't been previously available on DVD or Blu Ray are released, resurrecting them from late-night cable broadcasts and poorly transferred VHS tapes... and Reckless makes them available! You can always find these titles in our "New to Reckless" section.
March 6 NTR:
- Disney's Peter Pan, on disc for the first time this week
- the Russian classic Commissar
- the 1973 James Caan picture Cinderella Liberty
- and the Literary Classics collection (Madame Bovary (1949), Captain Horatio Hornblower (1951), The Three Musketeers (1948), The Prisoner of Zenda (1937 & 1952), Billy Budd (1962)).
March 20 NTR:
- the Criterion releases The Naked City, a 1948 New York noir
- and the 1922 film starring Harry Houdini, Man from Beyond
- We also have the Disney sports comedy Heavyweights
- the Stephen Chow (Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle) film God of Cookery
- and a court and crime drama starring Gene Hackman, The Chamber
- With the theater release of The 300, we've also picked up the film that inspired Frank Miller (Sin City) to write that film's original graphic novel, The 300 Spartans.
March 27 NTR:
- the Shirley Temple films The Blue Bird and Stand Up and Cheer
- the 1960 original version of School for Scoundrels
- John Cassavetes in Tempest
- the controversial 1995 film Kids
- the 80's DePalma-esque Looker
- Errol Flynn in Charge of the Light Brigade
- and the BBC version of Lorna Doone.